Husky launches new PET preform molding solution
Husky Injection Molding Systems, a global technology provider to the plastics processing community, has launched its NexPET system – a new mid-volume PET preform molding solution.
According to the company, the new system has been engineered to enable both established and emerging producers to be more competitive by better responding to evolving consumer preferences – while achieving the highest levels of value, flexibility, reliability, and sustainability.
For established producers, Husky says that NexPET delivers an agile, reliable solution to accommodate niche brands or smaller run SKUs. Meanwhile, for emerging producers, the company reports that its new solution is a proven, cost-effective solution that enables fast, low-risk entry into markets.
“Consumers are increasingly demanding more personalized products catered to their unique lifestyles and tastes. The global climate created by COVID-19 has amplified this trend, forcing many producers to rapidly adapt operations to scale up new applications like hand sanitizer, disinfectant and other health, personal care or cleaning related products,” said Robert Domodossola, Husky’s president of Rigid Packaging.
“Taking into consideration feedback from our customers, as well as assessing the current market landscape, we saw the need for a more flexible, adaptable PET preform molding solution.”
NexPET can run up to a 48-cavity mold and is equipped with a number of unique features, including up to 25% faster mold changeovers to support a multiple preform design environment, the choice of different screw diameters to maximize production output flexibility, and the ability to run recycled PET pellets and varying quantity of flakes, supporting sustainability initiatives.
Husky’s NexPET system reportedly supports a variety of applications, more SKUs, shorter production runs, and more frequent design changeovers. The system’s design is suited to meeting continuously changing production requirements while maintaining high Six-Sigma part quality.
- The changing technology of linear stretch blow molding machine 2022-07-05 83
- Is a SBM machine with 9 servo motors better than a machine with 5 servo motors? 2022-06-20 53
- How many servo motors needed in a SBM machine 2022-03-18 67
- European beverage industry calls for mandate to secure closed supply of recycled PET 2021-11-24 83
- Suntory to introduce 100% plant-based PET bottle prototypes 2021-12-17 81
- An expert view on Coca-Cola’s new 100% plant-based bottle 2021-11-26 36
- Current situation of automatic linear stretch blow molding machine in China 2022-11-11 82