Label free PET bottle – Evian introduces label-free bottle made from 100% rPET
Evian introduces label-free bottle made from 100% rPET
Danone’s Evian brand has revealed a new bottle for its mineral water that is label-free, made from 100% recycled PET (apart from the cap), and reportedly fully recyclable.
The new design will be available as a 400ml bottle and features an “Evian pink” bottle cap; both firsts within the Evian product range. It will be distributed across select hotels, restaurants, and hospitality in France from early July, and in additional countries from September 2020.
Evian views its new bottle as a key milestone in its journey to becoming a “fully circular” brand by 2025 – when it aims to make all its bottles from 100% recycled plastic. Whilst the innovation will be limited in distribution to begin with, the company says that it is constantly looking to push boundaries in packaging design.
It is Evian’s belief that the new bottle could provide a “global solution for a sustainable future”, especially for e-commerce where it says that there is no need for barcode labelling.
This news follows the announcement earlier this year that Evian has received global certification for becoming carbon neutral.
Shweta Harit, Evian global brand VP, said: “Today’s announcement positions Evian as a pioneer in sustainable design solutions, with a bottle that is label-free and made from 100% recycled materials acting as tangible proof of our commitment to becoming a fully circular brand by 2025. It is now more important than ever for us to bring consumers our natural mineral water in a more sustainable way, as we owe everything to nature.
Emmanuelle Giraudon, engineer in research and innovation at Danone, said: “This new innovation is so exciting as it is not just any bottle; it is recyclable, made from 100% recycled plastic, and label-free, and has been specifically designed to minimize environmental impact.
“Thanks to the engraving, we can preserve the natural beauty of the bottle and be closer to the water’s purity. We wanted to keep the ‘Evian touch’ when designing the bottle, and we created a new pink cap especially for it. Our revolution makes old plastic the ultimate new innovation.”
- The changing technology of linear stretch blow molding machine 2022-07-05 84
- Is a SBM machine with 9 servo motors better than a machine with 5 servo motors? 2022-06-20 54
- How many servo motors needed in a SBM machine 2022-03-18 68
- European beverage industry calls for mandate to secure closed supply of recycled PET 2021-11-24 83
- Suntory to introduce 100% plant-based PET bottle prototypes 2021-12-17 82
- Husky launches new PET preform molding solution 2021-12-09 74
- An expert view on Coca-Cola’s new 100% plant-based bottle 2021-11-26 36
- Current situation of automatic linear stretch blow molding machine in China 2022-11-11 83